Cardholders can borrow books, DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, paperbacks, graphic novels and video games. In addition, patrons accessing the Library's web page remotely can download eBooks, audiobooks and music.
|Material Type||Loan Period*||Item Limits**|
|High Demand||14 days||50|
|Video Games||7 days||10|
|Laptops||1 hour (in library only)||1|
|Museum Pass||7 days (from time of check out)||1|
|InterLibrary Loan||Determined by lending library|
* Always refer to the checkout receipt for the due date of each item.
** Patrons with library cards in good standing can borrow up to 50 items.
- Circulating materials not available at your branch library can be requested and delivered to any branch library.
- A notification will be sent when the item arrives and it will be held for the next eight days that the pickup branch is open.
- Requests can be made in a branch library, by calling a branch library or through the online catalog.
- There is a limit of 25 active holds per library card.
- A fee of $1 per item will be charged for each unclaimed hold that is not picked up. To avoid the fee, cancel your hold before the pickup date by calling or visiting a branch library. Requests that have not been shipped yet can also be cancelled by logging into your account and canceling the hold on your “Requests” page.
- Select items that the library does not own may be requested through the InterLibrary Loan program for a minimum fee of $5.
- Items can be renewed up to six times if no other patrons have requested the item.
- Eligible items may be renewed by visiting or calling any branch library, the electronic phone renewal service (305‑416‑4880) or managing the cardholders account through the online catalog.
- Patrons with expired library cards or fines of $11 or more will not be able to renew materials and will have their library card privileges suspended.
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Cardholders will be charged replacement costs for any lost or damaged materials as well as for materials that are returned incomplete.
- The Library will accept replacements for a lost or damaged item with an exact match (format and edition).
Florida Statute 257.261 provides that all registration and circulation records of every public library shall be confidential information. This information can only be given to properly identified cardholders. Questions regarding this or other library policies should be directed to your local branch.