With a library card, patrons are able to use library desktop computers and tablets/laptops. All computers and tablets/laptops have access to the Internet, Microsoft Office 2010, and USB 2.0 ports. With tablets/laptops, a read‑only DVD drive is available to checkout. Guest cards for computer use only are available for a $5 fee for a three‑month period.
All branches, except Civic Center, have a least one public computer station with a scanner that is free to use. Scanned documents or images can be e‑mailed or saved to a USB flash drive.
Users need to be considerate and refrain from displaying materials that those around them might reasonably consider objectionable. Altering or abusing computer equipment and / or settings is prohibited. Users must abide by the Miami‑Dade County Liability Disclaimer and User Agreement.
Anyone who violates these rules may be asked by staff to leave the premises. Library staff may ask for assistance from the local police department if needed to enforce these rules.
Computer & Tablet/Laptop Sessions
- Each session on the computers and tablets/laptops is for up to 120 minutes. There is a daily limit of 120 minutes per user.
- Computer sessions at Civic Center Branch are limited to one 15‑minute session per person per day.
- Reservations must be made in person and can only be made for the current day.
- Desktop computers stop accepting reservations 20 minutes prior to the branch closing and will shut down automatically 10 minutes prior to closing.
- Tablets/Laptops shut down automatically 30 minutes prior to the branch closing.