Edison Center Branch
Edison Center Branch Library opened March 6, 1958. In November 1971, it became part of the Miami-Dade Public Library System and was remodeled and dedicated in 1991, and again, in the summer of 2004 following an extensive renovation.
Edison Center Library serves an ethnically mixed community. The 6,500 square-foot library is across the street from Miami Edison Senior High School and two blocks from Edison Middle and Edison Park Elementary Schools. Other schools such as Headstart private schools and alternative schools are within walking distance.
This library serves the diverse community through collections of English, French/Creole, Spanish and Black History materials. The video collection, audiobooks, Lifelong Learning, Career Collection and Large Print books meet the needs of adults, young adults and children. The library is in keeping with modern technology and is equipped with two literacy computers and four others that access various databases as well as the Internet.