Make A Bookmark
Calling young artists ages 5‑12! The 2017 children’s bookmark contest kicks off on Saturday, September 9. Grab an official entry form and design a bookmark based on the theme Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Kind.
Entries must be submitted in person to any MDPLS branch by close of business Saturday, October 7, 2017.
Contest Information & Entry Rules
- Theme: Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Kind.
- Participants must be 5‑12 years old, residents of Miami‑Dade County and hold a Miami‑Dade Public Library System (MDPLS) card.
- Bookmark entry must be an original design by the participant. Entries that violate copyrights will be disqualified.
- Limit one entry per participant.
- Entries must be submitted in person to any MDPLS branch by the close of business Saturday, October 7, 2017.
- Entries will be judged by library staff based on originality and best interpretation of the theme.
- A winner will be chosen from each MDPLS branch. The grand prize winner will be selected from this group.
- A special recognition party will be held on Saturday, October 28 at the Main Library for branch winners and their families.
- The grand prize winner will have his or her design reproduced for use by MDPLS. The top three winners will receive a basket of art supplies.
- All entries become property of MDPLS.
- MDPLS employees and their families are not eligible to participate.