When school is out, lunch is in at the Library!
– Miami-Dade Public Library System to provide free lunches for kids 18 and under at 18 branches –
(Miami, FL – May 5, 2016) The Miami-Dade Public Library System is proud to announce that it will be hosting its free lunch programs for kids 18 and under from June 13, 2016 to August 12, 2016 at various branches throughout Miami‑Dade County.
The free lunches are made possible through the Healthy Body Healthy Mind™ program provided by the Sisters for Abundant Living as part of the Florida Department of Agriculture’s Summer BreakSpot program.
This year, hot lunches will be served at 18 branch libraries. The lunches meet the nutritional USDA guidelines and will be served on a first come, first served basis. No registration is required.
The free lunches will be served Mondays through Friday at 12:30 p.m. at:
- Arcola Lakes Branch Library
- California Club Branch Library
- Edison Center Branch Library
- Golden Glades Branch Library
- Homestead Branch Library
- Kendale Lakes Branch Library
- Little River Branch Library
- Main Library
- Miami Lakes Branch Library
- Naranja Branch Library
- North Dade Regional Library
- Pinecrest Branch Library
- South Dade Regional Library
- West Dade Regional Library
- West End Regional Library
The free lunches will be served Monday through Thursday at 12:30 p.m. at:
- Allapattah Branch Library
- Culmer/Overtown Branch Library
- Lemon City Branch Library
About the Miami‑Dade Public Library System
The mission of the Miami‑Dade Public Library System is to provide extraordinary services, spaces and experiences that promote literacy and learning, personal growth and limitless opportunities. Learn more at www.mdpls.org.
Miami-Dade County provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of a disability. If you need an accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or material in an alternate format, contact the branch manager at least seven business days in advance. TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).
Miami-Dade Public Library System
Connect with us: