2019 Summer Reading Challenge
June 8 - August 3, 2019
Participate in the Summer Reading Challenge for the chance to win out of this world prizes! The more you read, the greater your chance of winning.
Read or listen to a book for 30 minutes, then complete and submit an entry ticket to enter the drawing. Attend a library program for additional chances to win!
Visit any MDPLS branch to register.
Open to all ages.
Avoid the “Summer Slide” with MDPLS
During the summer, children and teens who aren’t reading or participating in other learning activities can lose up to two months of academic skills achieved during the school year.
Participating in the Summer Reading Challenge can help students avoid the “summer slide.” Reading for just 20 minutes a day helps children and teens retain and enhance their reading skills. Additionally, children who see their parents and other adults in their lives reading tend to read more and build healthy reading habits.
Parents can also help keep their children engaged and learning throughout the summer with the MDPLS Homework Help & Tutoring Program. Certified teachers will conduct one‑hour sessions for students K‑12 from June 15 through August 17 on Saturdays at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., and noon at 17 library locations and at the Model City Branch on Wednesdays at 2 p.m., 3 p.m., and 4 p.m. For more information and to register, visit Homework Help & Tutoring Program page.
- Register at any Miami‑Dade Public Library System branch.
- Participants must hold a Miami‑Dade Public Library System card.
- Participants may complete one entry ticket for every 30 minutes of reading or listening to a book or attending a library program.
- Each reading log contains 12 prize entry tickets. Logs may be picked up at any MDPLS branch or downloaded here.
- Please be sure that entry tickets are filled out completely and legibly.
- Parents or legal guardians may complete and submit entry tickets on behalf of their children.
- Photocopies of completed prize entry forms will not be accepted.
- No entries will be accepted after Saturday, August 3, 2019.
- All tickets received by the August 3rd deadline will be entered in the prize drawing.
- The prize drawing will be held in mid‑August. Winners will be notified no later than August 24, 2019.
- Employees of the Miami‑Dade Public Library System and their families are ineligible to participate in the prize drawing.
Adrienne Arsht Cultural Center
- Four-pack of tickets to see Reza: Edge of Illusion on Saturday, August 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- City Tours Walking Tour for Two
- Autographed Memorabilia
- Autographed Memorabilia
- VIP Experiences
(Each VIP Experience includes four tickets to the game on Friday, August 23 at 7:10 p.m.)
- Miami Marlins Gift Bags
Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
- One-year Family Membership
- Guest Passes
(Valid for four complimentary tickets)
Summer Reading 2019 is made possible with the generous support of our sponsors.