Helping Teens Develop 21st Century Skills
YOUmedia Miami builds upon the role libraries play as places of innovation and exploration. YOUmedia Miami teaches teens to use technology to tell stories and engage with the world around them in powerful ways.
A place where teens can:
Design Video Games
Or just be themselves
- Basic Digital Photography
- Advanced Digital Photo Editing
- Mac Skills 101
- Digital Video Production
- Visual Connections
- Creative Culture – Literary Magazine Style
- Slam It! Spoken Word
- Digital Storytelling
- Studio Masters
- Animation Nation
- High School student between the ages of 14‑19
- Resident of Miami‑Dade County
- Possess a Miami‑Dade Public Library System Library Card
- Possess a High School I.D.
Be sure to check out YOUmedia Miami's Facebook page!
YOUmedia Miami is made possible through a grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. The Foundation’s support is part of a $7.5 million Knight Foundation Library Initiative, which helps promote libraries as centers of personal transformation and community engagement.