Outdoor Walk‑up Services
9 a.m. ‑ 6 p.m. · Monday ‑ Saturday
Miami‑Dade Public Library System (MDPLS) buildings remain temporarily closed to the public, but we are pleased to be providing the following outdoor walk-up services at all library locations.
Pre‑order and reserve library materials for pick up
Library patrons may pick up pre‑ordered library books, DVDs and other materials at their preferred library location.
Step One: Pre‑order and reserve library materials
- Pre-order books, DVDs and other library materials by reserving items and selecting your preferred library location using the MDPLS online catalog, MDPLS mobile app, emailing Customer Care or calling the branch.
- A MDPLS library card is needed to request and check out materials. If you don't have a library card, you may apply for an eCard (electronic card) online and begin using it immediately. Patrons who need help with their accounts or library card activation, including PIN resets, may call their nearest branch or email Customer Care for assistance.
Step Two: Wait for notification that items are ready for pick up
- You will be notified by email, phone or text when your requested items are ready for pick up.
Step Three: Pick up items
- After receiving notification that your items are ready, walk up to the entrance of your designated library location and pick up your materials while remaining outside. Please have your physical or digital library card available to be scanned for check‑out.
Library patrons wishing to return library materials may do so. Book drops have been unlocked, but please note that you may continue to hold on to your items until further notice. All returned library materials will be quarantined for 48 hours before being checked‑in or reshelved following CDC best practices.
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Reemployment Assistance applications and envelopes
Printed copies of Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) Reemployment Assistance Applications in English, Spanish and Creole are available for pick up at all MDPLS library locations.
Applications can be returned by mail, dropped off at any CareerSource South Florida location or returned in the sealed envelope to book drops at any of the 26 participating library locations. Applications returned to the participating library locations will be picked up from the book drops by Miami‑Dade County police officers and delivered to CareerSource South Florida each night where trained staff will send them securely overnight to DEO in Tallahassee for processing.
Residents can also download and print a copy of the application from DEO's website and return it to any participating library's book drop.
For more information and the list of participating library drop off locations, visit the Reemployment Assistance Application page.
Florida Department of Children and Families
Food (SNAP), Medical (Medicaid) and Temporary Cash (TANF) Assistance applications and envelopes
Printed applications for Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) Food Assistance (SNAP), Medical Assistance (Medicaid) and Temporary Cash Assistance (TANF) in English, Spanish and Creole are available for pick up at all MDPLS library locations. Applications can be returned by mail, by fax, dropped off at a DCF drop box location, or returned to a staff member at any library location. MDPLS will securely transport them to one of the DCF drop box locations. Instructions and more information can be found on the top page of the application. For more information or to apply online, please visit Florida Department of Children and Families.
Masks for the Homeless
MDPLS has partnered with the Miami‑Dade Homeless Trust to collect face masks for the homeless in our community. Residents can drop off bundles of 10 or more sewn or non-sewn masks and/or face coverings in collection boxes at the following library locations:
- Arcola Lakes Branch Library
- Kendale Lakes Branch Library
- Northeast Dade – Aventura Branch Library
- South Miami Branch Library
- West Dade Regional Library
Pet Food & Supplies Drive
MDPLS has teamed up with the Miami‑Dade Animal Services Department (ASD) to collect unopened pet food and unused supplies for pet owners who are having a hard time obtaining the resources they need for their pets. Residents can drop off donations in collection bins available at 26 participating library locations. These donations will be distributed to pet owners in need in our community by ASD.
Social distancing is being strictly enforced. Please remain six feet apart from each other and library staff by standing on the social distancing markers on the ground. Patrons must wear face coverings in order to receive service.
Have questions or need assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305‑375‑2665 Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. ‑ 6 p.m.