Have a voice in your community, meet new friends, and make a difference, all while earning volunteer hours in a fun way!
We need teens who are willing to help plan programs for their peers, step up social media interaction, and make the teen areas of the Pinecrest Branch Library the best they can be.
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group that advises the young adult library staff on how to make the library more teen-friendly. Planning, implementing, and participating in teen programs, are a few of the ways you will be helping others in your community.
VOLUNTEER POSITION TITLE: Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
PRIMARY DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Give input on young adult library purchases
* Guide virtual and in person programming for teens
* Advise Young Adult Services regarding library services for teens across the Miami-Dade County Library System
LOOKING FOR TEENS WHO:
* Will attend monthly meetings
* Will participate in TAB discussions and voice your opinions
* Will respect the opinions, tastes, privacy, and choices of others
* Are interested in Leadership, show Enthusiasm, and enjoy Teamwork
* Are 12 to 18 years of age
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
* Having a say in materials and programs for teens at the library
* Opportunity to be creative and expressive through art and imaginative activities
* Personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers
* Community service hours look great on college and job applications
* Make new friends
* Virtual AND In-Person at Pinecrest Branch Library
* Meet on the first Monday of the month
* Amount of project time spent between meetings will be determined by the teen volunteer and the young adult staff member